About the Research Centre
In collaboration with the CityU, the University of Oxford and the Karolinska Institutet, the Hong Kong Centre for Cerebro-cardiovascular Health Engineering (COCHE) was established with the support of the ITC-InnoHK Programme to develop new ways to tackle cardiovascular disease (CVD), which is the world's leading cause of morbidity and mortality. To address the most pressing health challenges caused by CVD, COCHE focuses on developing innovative technologies such as flexible and wearable devices, biomedical and molecular imaging, nano-biosensing, micro-robotics, healthcare AI systems, and other groundbreaking methods to enable early prevention, diagnosis and intervention of the disease. These technologies can reduce the human cost while also alleviating financial and social burdens on the healthcare system. The COCHE research center, located in Hong Kong Science Park, has several openings in research areas and administration.
• Oversee all administrative functions and lead a team of staff to ensure the smooth running of the center operation;
• Review and formulate administration policies to streamline the development processes and workflow to maintain a robust operation efficiency;
• Perform general office duties including budgeting, office equipment, and facilities maintenance, inventory control, network system, procurement, office renovation, etc;
• Develop and maintain a good relationship with internal and external parties including funding bodies, collaborators, staff and students;
• Preparation of project reports, ensure compliance with stipulated regulations and standards;
• Organise conferences, seminars, and other engagement activities and assist in preparing patent applications;
• Facilitate international R&D collaborations and external affairs; and
• Handle ad hoc tasks as assigned by the Centre Director or his delegates.
• Bachelor degree or above in business administration, biomedical engineering, or related discipline;
• At least 5 years of relevant experience with supervisory experience gained from a sizable organisation will be preferable;
• Management experience in spinning off companies or related experience;
• Experience in handling matters associated with industrial collaboration is an advantage;
• Excellent interpersonal skills, management skills, and able to work at fast-paced environment; and
• Proficiency in office software applications and good command of written and spoken English, Mandarin, and Cantonese.
Preferred Hiring Qualifications:
Remuneration & Duration of Appointment
The remuneration package will be highly competitive, commensurate with qualifications and experience. Fringe benefits for full-time appointment include leave and medical insurance, etc.
Initial appointment for a period of 3 years with the possibility of extension.
The application Materials that Should be Included
1.CV, 2. A covering letter including your current and expected salary.
Application Closing Date:
The post is immediately available. Consideration of applications will be open until the position is filled.
For enquiries, please feel free to contact Ms Xiaoyang WANG at 3525 1173.
Please send your CV with a covering letter including your current and expected salary to HR@hkcoche.org. For enquiries, please feel free to contact Ms Xiaoyang WANG at 3525 1173.