About the Research Centre
In collaboration with the CityU, the University of Oxford and the Karolinska Institutet, the Hong Kong Centre for Cerebro-cardiovascular Health Engineering (COCHE) was established with the support of the ITC-InnoHK Programme to develop new ways to tackle cardiovascular disease (CVD), which is the world's leading cause of morbidity and mortality. To address the most pressing health challenges caused by CVD, COCHE focuses on developing innovative technologies such as flexible and wearable devices, biomedical and molecular imaging, nano-biosensing, micro-robotics, healthcare AI systems, and other groundbreaking methods to enable early prevention, diagnosis and intervention of the disease. These technologies can reduce the human cost while also alleviating financial and social burdens on the healthcare system. Please visit https://www.hkcoche.org/ for more information about COCHE.
We are looking for experienced Executive Program Directors for
• Programme 1 – Wearable Intelligent Sensor Engineering (WISE) and Bioinstrumentation, and
• Programme 2 - Multi-Modal Medical & Molecular Imaging (4MI)
The post holders, working closely with the Centre Director, will:
• Lead the researchers of the research projects under the programme to accomplish the research goals
• Develop strategic guidance, oversee project and programme design to ensure proper functioning of operations to implement COCHE's objectives;
• Represent the interests of the research centre internally with senior academic and devote a significant amount of time on research at COCHE and actively contribute to the mentorship of graduate students and junior scientists;
• Provide market insight to inform and drive the development of COCHE portfolio and wider activities, as well as monitor, analyze and understand COCHE performance against KPIs and targets; and
• Liaise with potential funders, including research funders to raise funds for ongoing operations;
• Facilitate potential technology transfer (e.g. collaborative research; contract work; and commercialization of intellectual property)
• Ph.D. or an equivalent degree in Electronic and Electrical Engineering, Computer Science and Engineering, Biomedical Engineering, or a closely related field;
• Strong interests in CVD applications is a must;
• An internationally-recognised track record of innovation in research and publications in topics relevant to COCHE’s mission;
• A minimum of 10 years’ experience on research in the relevant fields;
• Excellent communication skills, including the ability to present different strands of the Centre's research to potential collaborators of academic disciplines, the public and media, and existing and prospective funders;
• Proven ability in leading, strategic planning, research project management, and research program development;
• Good written and communication skills in English; Strong team spirit and interpersonal skills; Independent, responsible, and outgoing character; and
• Wide network & collaboration with universities and companies is a plus.
Preferred Hiring Qualifications:
Remuneration & Duration of Appointment
The remuneration package will be highly competitive, commensurate with qualifications and experience. Fringe benefits for full-time appointment include leave and medical insurance, etc.
Initial appointments will be made on a fixed-term contract of up to 1-3 years commencing immediately. Re-appointment thereafter will be subject to performance and mutual agreements.
The application Materials that Should be Included
• CV with a list of your publications. Cover letter with a brief summary of your relevant professional experience and knowledge, a brief description of what your academic interests are and how they relate to your previous studies and future goals (Maximum 2 pages long)
• Copy of the degree certificate(s) and transcripts of records from your previously attended university-level institutions. Translations into English if the original documents are issued in any other languages.
• 2 Representative publications or technical reports. For longer documents, please provide a summary (abstract) and a web link to the full text.
• Contact information for two reference persons who know your research work well. We reserve the right to contact references only for shortlisted candidates.
Application Closing Date:
Applications will be considered continuously until the positions are filled.
Application Procedures: Please send your application materials and indicate your current and expected salary to HR@hkcoche.org