• Manage the daily operations of both dry labs and wet lab;
• Provide effective solutions to support research objectives and improve technical activities;
• Plan and manage the operation and routine maintenance of equipment, manage and update equipment inventory, and manage equipment acquisition process and interact with procurement and suppliers;
• Develop standard operating procedures, technical notes, guidelines and flow charts;
• Provide laboratory safety trainings to users and coordinate project ethic approval;
• Coordinate the knowledge transfer matters, including prepare patent application documents, and manage workflows of patent applications;
• Handle ad hoc tasks as assigned by the Centre Director.
• Degree holder in science related disciplines
• Over 3 years laboratory management experience or relevant working experience
• Proficiency in implementing workflow, safety manual and procurement is advantageous
• Independent, proactive and good team player
• Excellent problem solving, management and communication skills
• Good command in written and spoken Cantonese, English and Mandarin
About the Research Centre
Hong Kong Centre for Cerebro-Cardiovascular Health Engineering (“CoCHE”) is a newly established R&D centre funded by the Innovation and Technology Commission. CoCHE aims to build unique environment to conduct world-class research and foster interdisciplinary collaborations as well as to educate and train future generations of leading scientists and engineers in the fields biomedical and health engineering with applications to the prediction, prevention, diagnosis, monitoring and treatments of cerebro-cardiovascular diseases. With over 15 exciting projects focusing on the following areas, we are under rapid expansion and looking for a Scientific Manager to join our team to manage the R&D projects:
• Wearable Intelligent Sensor Engineering and Bioinstrumentation for the Monitoring of Cerebro- cardiovascular (“CVD”) Risk Factors
• Multi-Modal Medical & Molecular Imaging for the Detection and Evaluations of Vascular Plaque
• Human Intelligence and AI Integration for the Prediction and intervention of CVD
Apply & Enquiry
Interested candidates please submit your application here or send your CV by email with the subject of “Application for Laboratory Technician / Manager Position” to HR@hkcoche.org by 13 August 2021 (Friday).
Please contact Serena Mok at 3525 1183 if you have questions. Thank you for your kind attention.