About the Research Centre
In collaboration with the CityU, the University of Oxford and the Karolinska Institutet, the Hong Kong Centre for Cerebro-cardiovascular Health Engineering (COCHE) was established with the support of the ITC-InnoHK Programme to develop new ways to tackle cardiovascular disease (CVD), which is the world's leading cause of morbidity and mortality. To address the most pressing health challenges caused by CVD, COCHE focuses on developing innovative technologies such as flexible and wearable devices, biomedical and molecular imaging, nano-biosensing, micro-robotics, healthcare AI systems, and other groundbreaking methods to enable early prevention, diagnosis and intervention of the disease. These technologies can reduce the human cost while also alleviating financial and social burdens on the healthcare system. Please visit https://www.hkcoche.org/ for more information about COCHE.
• Plan and manage the operation and routine maintenance of equipment and inventory;
• Coordinate equipment acquisition process and interact with procurement and suppliers;
• Assist to develop standard operating procedures, technical notes, guidelines and flow charts;
• Provide laboratory safety trainings to users and coordinate project ethic approval;
• Coordinate the knowledge transfer matters, including prepare patent application documents, and manage workflows of patent applications;
• Handle ad hoc tasks as assigned by the Centre Director or his delegates
• A bachelor’s degree, preferably in biomedical engineering, business management or related disciplines;
• 1-2 years in lab operation and equipment management or experience in biomedical engineering research, and/or technology transfer is preferred;
• Competency in MS Office applications;
• Ability to work independently, to work under pressure and overtime; and to set and drive the team to meet project deadlines;
• Excellent oral communication and written skills in English, with good organizational and analytical abilities and willingness to learn new techniques.
Preferred Hiring Qualifications:
Remuneration & Duration of Appointment
The remuneration package will be highly competitive, commensurate with qualifications and experience. Fringe benefits for full-time appointment include leave and medical insurance, etc.
Initial appointments will be made on a fixed-term contract of up to 1-3 years commencing immediately. Re-appointment thereafter will be subject to performance and mutual agreements.
The application Materials that Should be Included
Application Procedures: Please send your application materials and indicate your current and expected salary to HR@hkcoche.org
For enquiries, please feel free to contact HR at HR@hkcoche.org.
Application Closing Date: