About the Research Centre
In collaboration with the CityU, the University of Oxford, and the Karolinska Institutet, the Hong Kong Centre for Cerebro-cardiovascular Health Engineering (COCHE) was established with the support of the ITC-InnoHK Programme to develop new ways to tackle cardiovascular disease (CVD), which is the world’s leading cause of morbidity and mortality. To address the most pressing health challenges caused by CVD, COCHE focuses on developing innovative technologies such as flexible and wearable devices, biomedical and molecular imaging, nano-biosensing, micro-robotics, healthcare AI systems, and other groundbreaking methods to enable early prevention, diagnosis and intervention of the disease. These technologies can reduce human costs while alleviating the healthcare system's financial and social burdens. Please visit https://www.hkcoche.org/ for more information about COCHE.
• Complete the implementation of software modules/system codes, write code comments and development documents;
• Assist in system function definition and program design;
• Complete code writing, debugging, testing and maintenance according to design documents or requirements;
• Analyze and solve problems in the software development process;
• Familiar with C, C++ language programming; have good programming standards;
• Familiar with at least one commonly used GUI framework, such as QT, MFC, etc.;
• Familiar with commonly used data structures;
• Familiar with common operations of Windows or Linux, as well as common system programming interfaces;
• Independently responsible for software/system/module with a certain code size (10,000 lines);
• Experience in the medical ultrasound industry is preferred;
• Bachelor’s degree or above, major in software engineering, electronic engineering and other related majors;
Preferred Hiring Qualifications:
Remuneration & Duration of Appointment
Remuneration & Duration of Appointment:
The remuneration package will be highly competitive, commensurate with qualifications and experience. Fringe benefits for full-time appointments include leave and medical insurance, etc.
Initial appointments will be made on a fixed-term contract of up to 1-3 years commencing immediately. Re-appointment thereafter will be subject to performance and mutual agreements.
The application Materials that Should be Included
1. CV with a list of your publications.
2. Cover letter
3. Copy of the degree certificate(s) and transcripts of records from your previously attended university-
level institutions. Translations into English if the original documents are issued in any other language.
Application Closing Date:
All the research positions in the different areas described above are immediately available. Applications will be considered continuously until the positions are filled.
Please send your application materials and indicate your current and expected salary to HR@hkcoche.org